Blingtoof's Gitbash: 2-Day Tournament @ BKG in November!

The place to discuss everything Blood Bowl. Come here for Trash Talk, standings, questions, and strategy.

Blingtoof's Gitbash: 2-Day Tournament @ BKG in November!

Postby wapcaplets on Thu May 15, 2014 9:25 am

I'm relatively new to Blood Bowl having started playing in 2010 but the way that Blood Bowl has exploded at BKG is unlike anything I've seen before. BKBBL has 50+ coaches signed up and, by comparison, friends of mine who live in downtown Toronto are challenged to get more than half a dozen or so to commit to a league. Whether you're a coach, commissioner, or staff at BKG it's incredible to see a game that, technically, the company that made it does not support be so successful.

In 2011 I started running an annual tournament in November. It's called Blingtoof's Gitbash and it's themed around goblins and fouling. By definition, the person who does the most fouling wins second place, regardless of your tournament record. To be clear, for those that may not be familiar, the teams used in these tournaments are unrelated to your BKBBL teams. You can, of course, use the same team name and models but this event is outside the continuity of the league so you don't have to worry about your star players getting killed!

It's a 5-game tournament over a weekend (3 games on Saturday, 2 on Sunday) and this year I'm very happy to announce that it will be taking place at Black Knight Games on the weekend of November 15/16. Many thanks to Jay & Tim for agreeing to being my tournament venue. We're still working out costs and other operational elements but I'll advise here when those details get finalized.

The Gitbash is a NAF-sanctioned tournament. The NAF (which stands for "Nuffle Amorical Football") is a worldwide ranking system for Blood Bowl. It's something completely fan-run (GW is not involved) and is a really cool system that tracks every Blood Bowl match that takes place at a NAF tournament. In order to play in the GItbash you must have an active NAF membership. This costs $10 per year and gets you either a set of coloured block dice or a set of NAF d6s/d8/d16. I can get you signed up with a NAF membership so PM or talk to me if you need to.

I hope as many of you as possible will be able to come out and join in the fun. For more information about Blingtoof's Gitbash please check out:

- Homepage: http://www.blingtoof.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/blingtoof
- Facebook event page
- NAF Forum Thread (NAF members only)
Chris Engler | Blingtoof's Gitbash - My Goblin-Themed Tournament! | My blog

wapcaplets
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Blingtoof's Gitbash: 2-Day Tournament @ BKG in November!

Postby Knights_of_nee on Thu May 15, 2014 9:38 am

I played in this Tourny last year, I got crushed but it was a blast, I am looking forward to playing in this again this year. However I plan on doing the trouncing this time around. I never thought being fouled would have been as fun as it was for this tournament.

Knights_of_nee
Standard Bearer

Re: Blingtoof's Gitbash: 2-Day Tournament @ BKG in November!

Postby twist on Thu May 22, 2014 1:44 pm

This sounds awesome! I hope to be in attendance!
twist
Warrior
Warrior

Return to Blood Bowl